The 2021 Vermont CU Golf Challenge at Sugarbush Resort Golf Club is a Unspecified format golf tournament. It is located at Sugarbush Resort Golf Club in the fine city of Warren, VT. The event is set to play on September 28, 2021. MORE INFO
More Event Information
Sugarbush Resort Golf Club in Warren is a design masterpiece created by the legendary Robert Trent Jones, Sr. His talent is on display in every one of its 18 holes which are tucked away amongst the peaks and valleys of the Green Mountains.
Designed with respect for the natural mountain setting and its breathtaking vistas, the par-70 course offers a challenging golf experience and a true sense of “getting away from it all” in one of Vermont’s most picturesque landscapes.
Precautions for a safe event: In keeping with current state and federal guidelines for COVID-19, AVCU requests that unvaccinated tournament participants wear a face covering during on-site check-in and whenever people are gathered together in groups. We also ask that during tournament play, unvaccinated participants are respectful of their team member’s wishes with regard to face coverings. No precautions are necessary for fully vaccinated participants.
- ACE Sponsor ($1,100) – includes all golf fees and tournament entry for four (4) players, recognition on our website and in Newslines Express, plus a sponsorship sign bearing your company’s logo at the putting contest.
- EAGLE Sponsor ($700) – identical to an ACE sponsorship but for two players.
Credit Union Sponsorships
- BIRDIE Sponsor ($975) – includes all golf fees and tournament entry for four (4) players, recognition on our website and in Newslines Express, plus a sponsorship sign bearing your credit union’s logo at the putting contest.
- PAR Sponsor ($600) – identical to a BIRDIE sponsorship but for two players.
Individuals: ($195) Please register as a single golfer and we will do our best to match you with a group.
Non-sponsors: Organizations and credit unions choosing not to support Vermont Foodbank by being a sponsor can register as a pair of golfers ($390) or as shown below if sending a threesome or foursome:
- threesome ($585) … select “One golfer” and one (1) “Pair of Golfers”
- foursome ($780) … select (2) next to “Pair of Golfers”
Because this is a charity fundraising tournament, Eventbrite displays all sponsorships and registration options as “free”. To maximize the benefit to our charity, online payment is not available. AVCU will invoice your company or credit union directly at the email address provided during online registration.
Sponsorships and the individual $195 or $390 pair of golfers entry fees include greens fees, shared cart, a sleeve of golf balls plus 3 mulligans (per golfer), all contest entries, range balls, continental breakfast, post-tournament BBQ, and complimentary on-course snack cart staffed by volunteers from the Credit Union Young Professionals of Vermont.
PLEASE NOTE: Once submitted, Eventbrite registrations are final and cannot be canceled. Substitutions for previously registered golfers will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday, September 24th (by email only please).
Because AVCU must provide a guaranteed head count to the course in advance, the final registration deadline is Monday, September 13th at 5:00 PM.
Vermont CU Golf Challenge Highlights
- Format: 4 player scramble. All players tee off, the best shot is selected, and the process is repeated until a ball is holed. Every group must use at least three tee shots from each player.
- Contests: 2 closest to the pin and one putting, each with a $50 VISA gift card for the winner (please note that the same golfer is not eligible to win both closest to the pin contests).
- 50/50 Cash Raffle for Vermont Foodbank: Please bring cash to buy raffle tickets (2 tickets for $5 or 5 tickets for $10) for a chance to win 50% of all money collected from ticket sales. The other 50% of every ticket sold goes directly to Vermont Foodbank!
- Hospitality: Continental breakfast begins at 7:30 and the barbecue will begin at approximately 1:30 or when a majority of golfers have completed their round. A cash bar will also be available.
- Prizes & Awards: Individual contest winners each receive a $50 VISA gift card. Winning low gross and low net team members each receive a $50 clubhouse gift card and a personalized trophy.
7:30 … On-site check-in, continental breakfast, and raffle ticket sales. Please be sure to arrive no later than 8:15 to allow time to check-in and warm up (range balls are included with all tournament entry fees.
8:45 … Welcome announcements by Vermont Foodbank’s representative. Golfers then proceed to their designated holes for a 9:00 shotgun start.
1:30 (approximate) … BBQ begins, putting contest qualifiers battle it out to decide the winner!
2:30 (approximate) … Three contest winner awards are presented, followed by awards for the tournament low gross and low net winning teams.
3:00 … Event concludes.
The button above will take you to an external event website in a new browser tab. This event does not utilize the GolfTourney Platform to Register their event participants. Feel free to use the contact form at the bottom of this page or find the event coordinators contact info in the More Event Information section and give them a call.