More Event Information
The Friends of Makoshika is the host to Montana’s toughest 10k. Registration is for the 5k, 10k runs and Disc Golf Tournament. Participants in the fun run can also register online. If you would like to become a member of Friends of Makoshika (a non-profit organization) or make a donation it is now possible through this event until the June 6th online registration deadline.
Friday Events – June 8th located at the Kiwanis Shelter (visitors center if weather is bad)
- 5:00-7:00pm run/walk/disc golf early registration and swag bag pickup. Runners can pick up their bags/bibs at this time or saturday morning.
- 6:00-7:00 Campfire, s’mores and disc golf hole-in-one contest
- 7-9 Crow drummers and dancers perform
- 9:30 Astronomy Program by Vern Lindquist
Saturday Events June 9th
- 8:00 – 9 am – Bluebird walk with Lew Melby. Meet at Kiwanis Shelter
- 8:00 am – Disc Golf Tournament first round begins
- 8:30 am – Runner registration
- 9:00 am – Smokey the Bear arrives
- 9:30 am – Kids Fun Run/walk | 5k and 10k runners should be at the shelter by 9:00,
- 9:30 am – Archery, Atlatl, bouncey house, BN train, Native American Artificats Collection on display.
- 10:00 am – 10k & 5k runs begin
- 10:00-11:00 Crow Dance and Drum Group performance by “Goes Well Singers”
- 10:15 am – Kids Treasure Hunt. Meet at Kiwanis Shelter
- 11:30 am – Paleo Hike
Other Happenings – food vendors Stay tuned on Facebook for future updates!
Call Makoshika State Park Visitors Center : 406-377-6256