July 19, 2019
This Event Has Passed
Province Lake Golf Club
Intersection of Mountain Rd and Route 153
Contact Event for Price
More Event Information
Lake Arrowhead 11th Annual Golf Tournament:
If you’ve played before you know what a great day this is. If you have not, what are you waiting for? Please join us for our annual fundraiser to help preserve beautiful Lake Arrowhead! To get on the tournament e-mail distribution list, please contact Phil Oreto at Contact event using the form below. See below for further details.
Lake Arrowhead is proud to announce that we will continue to host our annual tournament once again at Province Lake Golf Course in 2019. This will be our 11th annual tournament and it is one of the largest fundraisers for Lake Arrowhead Conservation Council.
Date & Time: Friday, July 19th – 7:00am registration, 8:30am shotgun start
Location: Province Lake Golf Course, Parsonsfield, ME (www.provincelakegolf.com)
The price per player will be $125 – which covers your round of golf, cart, welcome gift, prizes, and post-event cookout. Each year we seem to have more fun than the last and I’m hoping 2019 is no different! It’s a fun day for a great cause!
Rules: Scramble Format (“Best Ball”)
• Each player tees off on his own (tee boxes will be announced at the start of the round).
• The team selects one player’s drive and every member from the team hits the next shot from that spot (other balls are picked up).
• Play continues this way, with the entire team hitting from the same location (last best shot) until the ball is holed.
• Each team must select at least 2 drives from each member of the team during the round.
• You may improve your lie by 1 club length for any shot except when on the green or fringe.
• Once on the green, the best ball should always be marked and each player must putt from the marked spot until the ball is holed.
• One score should be kept for each team – how many “best shots” it takes to hole the ball.
• The tournament is meant to move quickly – don’t spend too much time looking for balls. Speed of play should be no more than 15 minutes per hole.
• The tournament will feature long drive contests as well as a closest to the pin contest.
• Most important – HAVE FUN!
As usual we will provide fun prizes for the team with the best score as well as the best co-ed team.
There will be a cookout immediately following the tournament. Prizes will be handed out there. Food will be provided for all but BYOB! More information to come!
The fine print:
Province Lake Alcohol Policy: Alcohol consumed on the golf course when playing golf at Province Lake must be purchased from the beverage cart which will be running from 9:30am-2pm. This is State Law. No alcohol is to be brought to the club or onto the course by golfers or others, nor should alcohol purchased inside be brought out onto the golf course. Province Lake Golf discourages beverage of any kind on the course and reserves the right to inspect coolers and golf bags at any time. Violators will be asked to leave immediately, without refund and are subject to a $1,500 state imposed fine. Alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the beverage cart, one beverage at a time per golfer. No open beverage containers containing alcohol are permitted while crossing Mountain Road or Route 153 (Province Lake Road). Please use the available trash receptacles or the basket in your golf cart to properly dispose of such containers before you cross any roads, as required by law.
This event does not utilize the GolfTourney Platform to Register their event participants. Feel free to use the contact form at the bottom of this page or find the event coordinators contact info in the More Event Information section and give them a call.