The SMHS 40th-ish (combo) Reunion Weekend & Annual Matador/Trojan Golf Tournament is a 4 Person Best Shot (Scramble) golf tournament. It is located at Talking Stick Resort in the fine city of Scottsdale, AZ. The event is set to play on May 18, 2018-May 19, 2018. MORE INFO
More Event Information
READY, SET, GO!
Please join us at one of the premiere resort casinos and golf clubs in the Valley of the Sun! A fun weekend awaits! Tubing, tunes, drinks, fun, food, golf, spa and camaraderie with your classmates! Oh, and GAMBLING!
Friday May 18th
- Location: Salt River
- Time: 10:30am
- Cost: $17 (pay Jim)
- Contact: Jim Klinge (858) 997-3801 or Contact event using the form below.” TARGET=”_blank” REL=”noreferrer noopener nofollow noopener noreferrer nofollow”>
Cocktail Mixer Shindig
- Location: Wildhorse Bar and Grille @ Golf club
- Time: 6 pm – Midnight
- Cost: Incentive pricing when tickets purchased by May 1st
- Early bird (now – 5/1) $55
- After bird (5/2 – 5/18) $65
- Contact: Annual Matador/Trojan Golf Tournament
Credit Card, Ca$h (day of event only) and Zelle (through particpating banks), No Checks please.
- To purchase tickets by credit card, click the green TICKETS button (Note: There is a convenience fee)
- To purchase tickets using Zelle, send money to Contact event using the form below. and include the event(s) in the Memo field. (Note: No convenience fee)
(Check out the FAQS section at bottom of page for addtional information)
-NOW THE DETAILS-
Friday, May 18th
Salt River Tubing Adventure
Hey Tubers! Meet in the Talking Stick Resort lobby where vans will transport the group back and forth to the Salt River (vans at no charge, thank you Jim). Spend 2.5 hours enjoying your cronies, basking in the sunshine, listening to 70’s tunes and the reminiscing about the good ole days and the magic storytelling of ‘remember when’ memories. (Maybe have one cell phone ready to dial 911)
SUNSCREEN AND WATER!
Special request: Keep in mind the ‘he ain’t heavy, he’s my brother’ mindset and the BUDDY system. Ease into the weekend festivities, Sooooo, WE can all (selfishly) enjoy ANY possible complete sentences you can muster up for the sunset Mixer that evening. (Scott Speelman has already committed to using his words)
Jim says “it’s the best money you’ll spend all year!”
Cocktail Mixer Shindig
6 pm – Midnight
Get ready for an evening on the green, at sunset, as we take over the ENTIRE venue (combo inside & outside) for live music, dancing (get your groove on), drinks, incredible food, lawn games, and shenanigans! A fun event photographer will be capturing memories.
PRIVATE AND IT’S ALL OURS!
COST INCLUDES: Live entertainment, (1) FREE drink ticket – (your choice of either beer, wine, or well drinks) AND HEAVY appetizers, and of course, the true pleasure of partying with your fellow Matadors!
Saturday, May 19th
Annual Matador/Trojan Golf Tournament
Noon -Shotgun start
World Class Hospitality. Unforgettable Golf. Stunning Scenery. Immerse yourself in beauty, history, and tranquility as you begin your journey through the Sonoran Desert at The Valley of the Sun’s finest resort.
COST INCLUDES: Green fees, cart fees, practice balls, tees, yardage card, personalized scorecards, prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and closest to the pin, longest drive and putting contest, AND (1) free drink ticket, per golfer for a non-alcoholic drink or beer beverage!
Drinks and snacks can be purchased on the golf course and at the Wildhorse Bar and Grille.
Coordinate Golf information through Mike Anthony (949) 370-3590 or Contact event using the form below.” TARGET=”_blank” REL=”noreferrer noopener nofollow noopener noreferrer nofollow”>
For more information on the Talking Stick Golf Club and course details visit www.talkingstickgolfclub.com.
Saturday Night free for all
Spend time with those you love (because you probably won’t remember talking to them the night before) and enjoy all the amazing amenities of the beautiful Talking Stick Resort Casino!
- Full service casino, including poker
- Restaurants for all palates
- Award-winning Spa
- Pool and Recreation area
- Killer people watching
There are also several other great dining establishments, entertainment facilities, movie theatres, and activities within minutes of the property.
To learn more about all the cool things you can do at the Resort Casino, visit their website at www.talkingstickresort.com.
Sunday, May 20th… Go home and RELAX, RESTORE & RECOVER!
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- Free Valet parking
- (2) two multi-level, covered parking structures
- Open parking spaces close to resort
- Check out the trolley – this service travels between several locations around the resort
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Reunion Cocktail Mixer info contact the Contact event using the form below.” TARGET=”_blank” REL=”noreferrer noopener nofollow noopener noreferrer nofollow”>Mike Anthony
How do I use Zelle to send money?
- To use Zelle, enroll in Zelle through your bank, then use Zelle to send the money to Contact event using the form below..
- If you need more information on how to use Zelle go to www.zellepay.com or contact
GO TO EXTERNAL EVENT WEBSITE!!The button above will take you to an external event website in a new browser tab. This event does not utilize the GolfTourney Platform to Register their event participants. Feel free to use the contact form at the bottom of this page or find the event coordinators contact info in the More Event Information section and give them a call.
Event is passed so you may not contact this event coordinator.