More Event Information
THE COTTAGE ANNUAL CHARITY GOLF OUTING –
Thank you for participating in our annual charity golf outing. Our Golf Outing is held in honor of our friend Tom “The Pie Man” Speechley. Tom was a friend to The Cottage and many of the patrons for many years. Tom was a master carpenter. There isn’t an inch in The Cottage he didn’t work on. In honor of Tom, this year the Cottage is partnering with United Way of Greater McHenry County whose mission is to unite people and resources to build a stronger McHenry County. Our goal is to raise $5,000. We hope that you all enjoy yourselves on the course and back at the Hickory Hall for an after party with 2 hours of open bar (guests to the after party will be $40 each). Thank you again for all of your support and we always appreciate your patronage throughout the year. Our Volunteers will be selling raffle tickets for various contests on the course and the after party. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to United Way of Greater McHenry County, but don’t feel obligated to participate-this is STILL The Cottage Outing! We have a fun filled day with great prizes!!! Below is a little information on the day…
Each player will receive a welcome bag full of goodies, lunch ticket. Water will be available at 2 locations on the course so stay hydrated!
Rules for Golf
• 4 person best ball scramble format
• Men will use the white t-box and the woman will use the red t-box
• There will be no minimum drives used per player (survival of the fittest)
• If you have 3 golfers in your group, you can choose a golfer to take an extra shot
• On main scorecard, keep track of all lost balls for the entire foursome and total at the top
• As always, cheating is encouraged but mulligans are for sale to keep the cheating honest (max 4 per team)
• TURN IN ONE SCORECARD WITH CAPTAINS NAME ON IT AT THE PRO SHOP WHEN ROUND IS OVER-DO NOT BRING BACK TO THE AFTER PARTY!!
• Have fun and may the best team win!!!
• Lost Ball Contest – Take a guess at how many total balls will be lost in the outing –available at reg. & Hole #9
• Hole in One for your chance to win a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Courtesy of Crystal Lake Chrysler Jeep Dodge Hole #4 yards-194
• Hole in One for your chance to win a $1500 travel voucher Courtesy of Miller Lite hole #8 yards-175
• Hole in One for your chance to win a $10,000 CASH prize Courtesy of Cornerstone Rick Management hole #8 yards-175
• Longest Drive Contest (Men and Woman) Hole #14
• Longest Putt Contest (Unisex and putt must be from the green) Hole #18
• Closest to the Pin Contest (Unisex and must be on green) Holes #4, 8, 12, 17
• Circle of Trust Contest and Hole in One Pool at Hole #4 (you can only win if you play)
• 50/50 Raffle – Tickets available at registration, Hole #10, and at the Cottage
• Grand Prize Raffle Prizes – Tickets available at registration, holes #10 and at the Cottage
Please welcome your spouse/significant other back at Hickory Hall ($40.00) to join you for open bar and buffet.
HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!
The button above will take you to an external event website in a new browser tab. This event does not utilize the GolfTourney Platform to Register their event participants. Feel free to use the contact form at the bottom of this page or find the event coordinators contact info in the More Event Information section and give them a call.