More Event Information
There is no better way to help your community than to have fun while doing it! At our Green Mountain United Way Annual Golf Classic, a beautiful day on the green makes you a partner in United Way’s fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community in our five-county region including Caledonia, Essex, Orleans, Orange and Washington counties.
We are glad to have you on our team for this tournament and in our work to bring together individuals, businesses, government, human service agencies and volunteers around a common vision to create maximum impact and achieve long-lasting results. Your support helps foster children transition to a new home with a backpack of their own, helps families get the financial skills they need to make sure they have stable, healthy lives and helps low-income employees access the resources they need to thrive. Don’t miss your chance to join us! Sponsor or Register now!
Friday, August 24, 2018
Country Club of Barre, Drake Road, Barre, Vermont
Considered one of the “must play” courses in Central Vermont, this course was designed with all players in mind, from the beginner to the experienced, from the high handicap to the low handicap, all levels of experience will find the course challenging and rewarding!
- Format: 4 player scramble. The traditional format where all players tee off, the best shot is selected, and the process is repeated until a ball is holed. Every team must use at least three tee shots from each player.
- Hospitality: Gifts for all golfers at tournament check-in, plus complimentary light snacks and bottled water out on the course from the refreshment cart.
- 50/50 Raffle: The total amount raised will be split between the winner and Green Mountain United Way to benefit their programs and ongoing work within the community.
- Dinner: Immediately following the tournament the meal will begin featuring the world-class food from the Cornerstone Catering. A cash bar will also be available.
- Prizes & Awards: Many prizes awarded for High Score, Longest Drive, Closest to Pin, Low Gross/Net and more.
- 8:30 am On-site registration begins. Please be sure to arrive no later than 12:00 pm to allow time to check-in and warm-up on the putting green and driving range.
- 9:45 am Welcome announcement from Sponsors, Country Club and Green Mountain United Way. Golfers then proceed to their designated holes for a 10:00 am shotgun start.
- 10:00 am Shotgun start.
- 2:00 pm(approximate) Dinner begins.
- 4:00 pm(approximate) 50/50 Raffle winner announced, followed by contest winner awards, and tournament low gross/low net winning team awards.
- 5:00 pm Event concludes
Corporate Sponsorships: We work to support our entire community and so will your sponsorship dollars. To become a Corporate Sponsor, call Carrie at 802-613-3989 to find the right level for you, or simply download our 2018 Sponsorship Form and email it to Carrie Stahler at rblouin[at] gmunitedway.org.
We can only accommodate Four Person Teams through this online registration. If you would like to register as an individual the cost is $100, please use our Printable Registration Form, fill it out and return it to Green Mountain United Way by email or by mailing it to 73 Main Street #33, Montpelier VT 05602. We will help to match you with a team.
Fees & Payment Methods: If you would like to pay with a check, you are welcome to choose that option in the check out, paying with a Credit Card will accrue the highest fee from Eventbrite, but paying with a check through the mail or at the event lowers the fee to just $4.99. To pay with a check, change the Payment Method on the check out screen by opening the drop-down menu to choose Pay by Invoice, Pay by Check or Pay at the Door. The fee will automatically adjust.